This lesson can be taught by a veteran teacher, a brand-new home-school school parent, or even self-directed by the student. It includes spaces for written response or class or family discussion. There are stories and references from J.R.R. Tolkien’s fantasy novel, The Hobbit, Or There And Back Again. The lesson is well-paced including a PBS link for related video content in the middle and it deals with the subject of bullying, in-person and online, with a focus on self-esteem and knowing your own value. It’s broken into two separate parts, though the reading, viewing, writing, and discussion can also be stretched out longer. There is plenty of space to doodle or write notes in the margins and fun images to capture the attention of students. At the end, you’ll find links for extra reading.
Lesson Plan on Goats and Trolls
- User friendly lesson plan for brand-new home-school family
- Well-paced, including a PBS link for related video content
- Focus on self-esteem and knowing your worth
- Lots of space to doodle or write notes
- Fun images to capture the attention of students